About the role
Lattice is looking for a Senior TypeScript Engineer. Candidates can expect some national and international travel (10-20%) for events, conferences, and team retreats.
To learn more about our team, visit our website, read our history and FAQs, or discover some of the onchain applications using our software today.
Work with us on MUD by building serious TypeScript libraries & tools.
Here are some of the things you will work on:
- Robust state synchronisation algorithms between smart contracts and clients/indexers
- General purpose automatic MUD indexers with support for arbitrary SQL queries running in WASM
- Libraries to encode/decode data with custom highly efficient encoding protocols
- Development and deployment tooling for complex smart contract applications
- Dashboards to inspect the internal state of complex smart contract applications
- Local prediction of state changes triggered by smart contract transactions, by mocking calls into a local EVM and hijacking call stacks
- General purpose plugin systems with strong types
- Passion for software development and improving developer experience
- You’re in love with type magic and have written a lot of TypeScript
- You are passionate about writing clean software and building - ideally side projects or even a company
- You are passionate about building tools to improve developer experience
- Competitive salary (175k+).
- We have chosen to forgo VC funding and are well-funded via grants, which allows us to offer significantly above average equity compensation (0.5%+, depending on experience).
- Premium private medical insurance in the UK, US, and other countries where available.
- Flexible PTO with a high level of freedom and autonomy for your work. You receive a bonus if you take at least 25 days of PTO a year.
- Paid travel - team on-sites in different parts of the world, several times a year.
Lattice is building tools and infrastructure across the entire crypto stack - from L2s to applications - to make ambitious, complex, large-scale blockchain applications possible. Our goal is to take blockchain applications beyond just finance and speculation, to encompass playful use-cases such as games, virtual worlds, P2P consumer apps and social relationships. We want to transition Ethereum from a financial computer to its original ambition as the World Computer.
Our most major contribution so far is MUD. MUD is an onchain operating system for Ethereum. It is built as a micro-kernel, with its core module being an embedded relational database that replaces the traditional storage model of Ethereum. All of MUD is onchain and runs on the EVM. Countless onchain games use Lattice today, from our own projects like OPCraft and Sky Strife, to games like Primodium and Words3, to major venture-backed gaming companies currently in stealth, to the hundreds of teams using MUD in the recent ETHGlobal Autonomous Worlds hackathon.
We are a very small team of highly efficient engineers, have a low bureaucratic overhead and are focused on shipping code to production. We maintain short cycles that makes code we write reach a strong grass root community of developers almost immediately.
Lattice is currently 13 people living across North America and Europe, with 5 based in our London office.