About the role
Lattice is looking for a Senior Smart Contract Engineer. Candidates can expect some national and international travel (10-20%) for events, conferences, and team retreats.
To learn more about our team, visit our website, read our history and FAQs, or discover some of the onchain applications using our software today.
Work with us on MUD, by continuing to built features and functionality for the product. In order to build MUD, we rolled out our own onchain storage engine with dynamic schema definitions, created a new type of “multiplayer” proxy that allows third-party developers to permissionlessly register state and logic, and wrote codegen to bypass the lack of generics in Solidity.
Here are some modern onchain libraries and apps you will work on:
- An onchain package manager
- Account delegation and abstraction
- Modules and standard libraries developers can use to extend the functionality of their onchain application, including but not limited to
- Primitives for lazy onchain state computation
- Powerful onchain query systems
- Token standards
- Pluggable zero-knowledge proof systems
- Dynamic encoding and decoding of data with custom highly efficient encoding protocols
- Proficiency in smart contract development and EVM knowledge
- You have a strong background in building production-ready smart contracts in Solidity (bonus points for Yul, Huff, Fe, or having been part of an audit team)
- You have deep knowledge of the EVM and are aware of security best practices and gas optimization techniques
- You believe in Ethereum and its potential for ambitious applications beyond financial use cases
- Passion for software development and improving developer experience
- You are passionate about writing clean software and building - ideally side projects or even a company
- You are passionate about building tools to improve developer experience
- Competitive salary (175k+).
- We have chosen to forgo VC funding and are well-funded via grants, which allows us to offer significantly above average equity compensation (0.5%+, depending on experience).
- Premium private medical insurance in the UK, US, and other countries where available.
- Flexible PTO with a high level of freedom and autonomy for your work. You receive a bonus if you take at least 25 days of PTO a year.
- Paid travel - team on-sites in different parts of the world, several times a year.
Lattice is building tools and infrastructure across the entire crypto stack - from L2s to applications - to make ambitious, complex, large-scale blockchain applications possible. Our goal is to take blockchain applications beyond just finance and speculation, to encompass playful use-cases such as games, virtual worlds, P2P consumer apps and social relationships. We want to transition Ethereum from a financial computer to its original ambition as the World Computer.
Our most major contribution so far is MUD. MUD is an onchain operating system for Ethereum. It is built as a micro-kernel, with its core module being an embedded relational database that replaces the traditional storage model of Ethereum. All of MUD is onchain and runs on the EVM. Countless onchain games use Lattice today, from our own projects like OPCraft and Sky Strife, to games like Primodium and Words3, to major venture-backed gaming companies currently in stealth, to the hundreds of teams using MUD in the recent ETHGlobal Autonomous Worlds hackathon.
We are a very small team of highly efficient engineers, have a low bureaucratic overhead and are focused on shipping code to production. We maintain short cycles that makes code we write reach a strong grass root community of developers almost immediately.
Lattice is currently 13 people living across North America and Europe, with 5 based in our London office.